Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 7, 2011

Mixed Bags, Melody Carlson, 198 pages, March 7, 2011

I just finished reading Mixed Bags by Melody Carlson.  It has 198 pages in it and I finished it on March 7, 2011.  It's about a girl named DJ who is a total tomboy.  After her mom dies and her dad becomes more interested in his new wife and daughters, DJ is sent off to a sorority at her grandmother's house.  But all of the girls are different: a snotty brat, a rich girl, a goody-goody, a Goth, and a Christian.  Eliza, the rich girl, is trying to change DJ.  She dresses her differently, highlights her hair, and puts makeup on her.  But Taylor, the snotty brat, is trying to pull Connor, DJ's best friend and now boyfriend, away from her.  She flirts with him and just is down right mean to DJ.  Now DJ is sad.  Can she win Connor back and become a Christian through Rhiannon, the Christian, all at the same time?
I liked this book because I learned a lot about fashion from it.  For example, they were naming hand bags like Fendi and Hermes and I had never heard of them before.
I would recommend this book to teenage girls.

1 comment: